Thursday 6 December 2012

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

I was looking through some old photos and thought I should digitise them (well, try photographing them using a digital camera).  Purely for self-indugent reasons I've posted some of them mainly to remind the world (well the internet) what I looked like with hair (compare and contrast with my profile photo); so here are a few choice images (apologies for the quality, I may re-do them).
This is me in the lab in the Zoology Department at Glasgow University c1986.  You can see my excellent dress sense shining through.  That's Andy Harvey, my flatmate at the time, in the background.
Here I am on a beach in Norfolk probably in 1987 at the end of the first year of my PhD in Cambridge (Pembroke College).  I think I had been paddling.
I think this one was taken in about 1989 late in my third year.  I'm standing in Downing College trying to look intellectual.  You can see the stress of writing up written all over my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment